Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fibromyalgia is the Pits!


I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia sometime ago. Since this past April things have gone downhill and my doctor suspected I might have Rheumatoid Arthritis also. Thankfully, RA has been pretty much ruled out so my current difficulties with my hands, feet and knees seems to be stemming from the Fibro.

Last week we went to Disney for several days and stayed in our RV at the campground. It was a very nice time though I was unable to participate in the theme parks much due to the level of pain I was having. The first day we were there, we only had 2 hours before the Magic Kingdom closed. While walking around, I was in agony. My feet were killing me and the tops of my feet between the big toe and second toe were noticeably swollen. The second day I stayed at the campsite and tidied up and made lunch so the family wouldn't have to eat at some high-priced Disney place. The third and fourth days I limited my time at the parks to a couple of hours as my knees were killing me.

Now, I have said all of that just to say this, I am trying to cure this pain with diet since nothing else works. I have committed to eating nothing but raw fruits and veggies this week and depending on how it goes, I may introduce small amounts of cooked protein (i.e. eggs, chicken) next week. I am hoping to be pain free soon! I am not giving up this fight!

Thankfully, I belong to a great co-op that has a lot of ladies who eat all raw foods and are very creative in their endeavors so I will be gleaning wisdom from them and will be able to order ingredients at a discounted price!

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Egad! Didn't like how you had only ONE follower, so I added another. HeeHee. God bless you. Meet me in Heaven, girl.