Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Greensburg, Better Than I Dreamed
Thanks to the kindness of my husband, Mark, I had an amazing visit to Greensburg last week. I was in town for 5 fun-filled days! The first 2 days I spent in the new cabins that are rented out by the city. They are right by the Green River and are better than any hotel room (maybe with the exception of the historic hotel opening next year in downtown Greensburg). One of my favorite Kentuckians, Brenda, came and spent the night with me so we could head off to Frannie's Freedom Valley Farm (formerly Cabin Creek) in Green county on Saturday. We had a blast and I made so many wonderful, new friends that I will always remember. We laughed and cried and created. I feel like I have many close friends in Greensburg now, some are pictured below. Luna (2nd from left) isn't from Greensburg but isn't too far away and is absolutely lovely. Frannie, unfortunately isn't in this picture nor is Sally. They are fabulous women and I can't wait to spend more time with them helping to beautify our beloved Greensburg. Pictured below are 3 more Greensburg friends that were more fun and friendly than I could have ever dreamed. Cathy Cobblestone (left) is young, vibrant and creative and has oodles of southern charm, even though she is "from off." Miss Millie (3rd from left) is one of my soul-mates! I love her like I have known her all of my life and she is my adopted "older sister!" TEE HEE!! And last but not least, Ada Mae (2nd from right), who is a strong and amazing woman that I greatly admire. I can't wait to come home again (as Millie refers to it) and visit with my long lost friends! I also got to visit with old friends, Hermit (Gordon), Bobbett and my wonderful hostess, Janet. Thanks all for a wonderful time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey Chris - thanks so much for your sweet words. It was an absolute joy and pleasure meeting you at Frannie's. Can't wait 'till we can all get back together and share lots of laughs. I look forward to when you and your family can call G-burg home - I know you'll love it here. Many, many blessings to you and your family - Cathy
Post a Comment